Life and Truth
Hopelessness, poverty and a failing education system set many young South Africans on a path to despair and crime. What if a young person chose to rise above their situation and through determination, self belief andhard work become someone great? Their story and their example will inspire their community and other young learners to do the same.
We aim to instill the necessary qualities in young people to enable them to be significant, successful and an inspiration to others!
Impilo Neqiniso is Zulu for Life and Truth! Impilo Neqiniso was started in 2010 to fill the gap in practical life skills training in local South African schools. With so much focus on the academic education system in South Africa, less and less attention is given to important life lessons such as leadership development, values formation, goal setting, interdependence and many other vital life skills. Learners spend 1-5 days with us and are challenged to change their perspective, seek a new purpose and to strive to reach their potential.
We partner with, support and enhance existing organisations working with youth in the wider rural and township communities. This ensures positive follow up and continual growth through long term mentoring of the youth by their leaders long after they have completed our programme. With an emphasis on Christian values we use the tried and tested method of experiential learning to enhance and cement the learning experiences of the participants. The outdoor, camping environment has proved to be a very effective tool in guidingyoung people to increase their ability to become significant members of our society.
We also run custom specialty team-building and leadership programmes for special needs groups, adults and sports teams where stated outcomes are always achieved in a fun yet challenging social environment.
- Leadership Dynamix - Challenging but fun leadership activities that require all the key elements of leadership to achieve
- Spider Minds - Custom deep thinking topical discussion activities that expose our conditioning biases and help to broaden our thinking
- Trust Expansion Dynamics - Group activities that increase the trust within a group as the level of activity intensifies
- Conflict Management - Useful, practical guide to handling everyday conflict situations
- Outdoor Challenge Activities - Low ropes course, team building structures and seek and you will find amazing race - bring your tekkies!
- Goal Setting - Step by step guide to setting and affirming life and professional goals
- Leadership Wheel - Practical workshop that exposes different ways in which people act and react. Ideal for learning to lead and work with people who have conflicting personalities.
- Group Development - Problem Solving Activities that form the basis of group identity and bonding
- Get Motivated - Get inspired - An in depth look at how we sell our selves short and have the potential ability to rise above any challenge
the gift of learning
Did you know that you can now partner with Impilo Neqiniso and Skogheim to provide learners with a life-giving opportunity by sponsoring a weekend of programmed activities with us? Learn more at our GivenGain page, or donate now by clicking the button below.